Frequently Asked Questions

In Minnesota, a licensed wedding officiant must file an application at their county service center.

The officials authorized to solemnize marriages include judges, and licensed ministers, priests or rabbis. There are also special provisions for marriage between members of the Bahai, Hindu, Quaker and American Indian religious groups